Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Meet the Booger

Now- why did I choose such a title for my attempt at doing something I can stick with?

Reader's Digest Version-
The other day I read a magazine article...who isn't obsessed, ahem interested, with parenting magazines or books or anything else that slightly resembled a how to manual for the first year? The article was about baby milestones and how different babies met them at different ages, yada, yada. One of the milestones was recognizing their own name...

Enter my realization- we rarely call our son by his name. Since his first month, his dad has been calling him Booger. Don't ask where it came from- we don't know. He's the one and only Booger and he's ours. And he's the cutest Booger ever! So, I guess we'll stick with it. (Check back with me when someone asks his name and he says "Booger"...) hehe

4 comments:

Jules said...

Congrats on starting your own blog, it looks awesome! Boogers a cutie! I'll be checking back every chance I get. Trust me, you'll have fun with it!
Take care & smile ;0)
Love, Jules

Anonymous said...

Good Job! Wow--I may never get anything done--I can just keep checking my favorite blogs. What could be more important than that!

Unknown said...

hehe! Poor kid! what a nickname! its a good thing he's so darn cute!

Kathleen Marshall said...

My youngest daughter has the nickname of Bugger or Bug for short. I was because when she was tiny, my dad could never remember her name so he would call her "the little bugger".

Unfortunately, she is nine now and not overly thrilled with her nickname. We try to remember to call her by her real name, but old habits die hard. :)