Sunday, September 7, 2008

Off to a good start

While I've been slacking, the Booger definitely has not. He has been super busy figuring out how to move and wiggle around and get from wherever he is to wherever he wants to be. Which, undeniably, are always two different places.


His newest ability, I have yet to capture on camera. He can manuever himself from his belly to his butt. The other day, I would've sworn he'd done it, but then that thought... no way, couldn't be. Lo and Behold- he was in his crib the next night, and hadn't gone to sleep yet, so I wandered upstairs to see what I could do to cojole him into sleep. Only to discover- he was happily sitting up on his butt, playing with the sides of his crib. He turned around and smiled a satisfied little smile like he'd been doing it for years.


He added this skill to an ever increasing repotoire of movements that now also includes getting from his butt to his hands and knees, his butt to his belly, pulling himself up from sitting to kneeling, climbing up the both of us- presumably to reach some object of desire, army crawling, and rolling. Holy my! He's so on the verge of actually crawling I know he's gonna do it when I'm not looking any minute.


Between my lack of opportunity, and the silliness of my camera, I have very little of this whirl of movement to share with you, but here are a few. Plus, I know you need to see some pictures to end this terrible withdrawal I've put you through.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! I see you guys got some of those foam squares...good plan for the new floors! (although he won't stay 'contained' on them for much longer! Sounds like he's on the verge of TROUBLE once he gets moving!

I sent mom and dad with a few 'big' toys today...sand table, a toy he can crawl through and plays music and then a walker/bike. Hope he enjoys! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! He had better be ready to show off to Grandma and Grandpa next Sunday. We can hardly wait!