Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tired baby

I've been so busy lately, that I haven't blogged about the Booger's first experiences in day care. (Or kept up with the meme's I've been tagged for, they're coming, promise!) He started going to the Oakland Child Development Center last week. My mother in law had been watching him two days a week, but was offered a full time position in a surgeon's office. We are very happy for her, but bummed that he didn't get to hang out with her anymore.

When we were pregnant, we had looked into a variety of centers and kept eyes and ears out for information and feedback. I also had some insight from having worked in a center for a few years. My work with kids and families around here that use daycare also helped. I knew a few I did not want to send him to, so that was easy! We had narrowed things down, but needed to check into openings, last minute details, etc. It was a busy few days, but after picking up paperwork and visiting, we were all set to start last Tuesday.

He is just starting to have some intense seperation anxiety, so my poor husband has had to leave a screaming baby each day. His first day was described as 'rough' by one of the care-givers, with barely an hour of napping all together. I had to wake him up when I got there to take him home, and he barely even realized that I was lifting him out of his crib. The second day he refused to eat anything but his bottle. Today, he napped for almost a whole hour, plus a few catnaps, and ate most of what they offered. Progress!

But it caught up with him, he was so tired last night he could barely eat dinner. He fell asleep immediately upon entering his car seat. He hardly sat up or kept his eyes open while he ate, and was so tired he stopped eating before his dinner was gone- which is quite a rarity. He was even falling asleep on his changing table. I tried to capture the look of tired desparation, but I don't think this does it justice...

Geez my head is heavy
Keep...my....eyes...open....

Trying to get comfy on his changing table, who needs a crib?

3 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

What a dozy little cutie! (There are times when I feel like that!)

Deanna said...

awww...what a change and adjustment for him....poor little sweetie. I'm sure he will be adjusting soon.....

Unknown said...

those first couple weeks of starting day care were the toughest! hated those days where they just wanted to come home and sleep...while I wanted to do was cuddle and play! :-(