So while doing a bit (okay, a lot) of lurking around the blogosphere lately, and a little introspective thought, I have come to the general consensus that we are all a bit overwhelmed. Or frustrated. Or annoyed. Or tired. Or something is just getting under our skin. So I thought we needed to take some things off our chests.
My inspirtation: the wonderfully relieving book I happened upon during my last trip to the library... Dirty Little Secrets from Otherwise Perfect Moms by Trisha Ashworth and Amy Nobile Some of it gave me a few chuckles, some made me feel like a little less of a slacker, some parts made me feel pretty darn great compared to what I was reading. The general premise (taken from the book jacket)
"...Every good mom has a few Dirty Little Secrets that help her...get by....the indulgences we rely on in times of need, the shortcuts we take when no one's looking (showers are overrated!), and our real, honest thoughts about motherhood and family... know you're not alone."
My proposal: We all unload a few of our own dirty little secrets.
1) Kitty hair tumbleweeds... every so often, I leave them just to see if someone else will chase them down.
2) I am secretly jealous of mothers of multiples-no matter what I do, they're still working harder than me! Plus they get double (or more!) of all the fun stuff.
3) The Booger seems to be lucky to get 1 or 2 baths a week lately. Poor dirty baby.
4) I eat really healthy, except for the medium size bag of M&M's or Reese's cups that I can't seem to make it out of almost any grocery trip without.
5) I keep waiting for my son to turn into a terribly naughty child because of the kharma from all the naughty kids I've worked with. (I work with children with special needs, many of whom have severe behavior problems. I love them all, but am waiting for it to bite me in the butt.)
Your turn: I am tagging a few of you, but please feel free to join in and unload a few of your own little secrets. Leave a comment if you're playing along, so we can stop on over and all relax a bit. If nothing else, check out the book- you'll feel better. I promise.
7 Ideas for Kid-Friendly Summer Activities
3 hours ago